6.3.12

Tuesday Running - Puddles!

Every year at this time, I keep checking my blog from the previous year to see what to expect weather wise.  It never works.  To my future self: there's puddles all over the place.  It was a high of 50*-60*, depending on who you ask and gorgeous.  But all that awesome means everything is melting and creating puddles like Lake Superior.
 

Happily, I did make it outside for an actual run.  I have a race in the future, Brew to Brew.  Most of the legs are 4-5 miles so I'm focusing my runs on that distance for a little while.  (I can do long runs later.)

Today was focused on keeping things nice and even.  I was surprised running up the hills (there's a couple small ones); circuit must be paying off because they didn't hurt like normal.  I'm thinking I may duck out for another run tomorrow morning before work.  One more run before it cools off again.

I wore the neon yellow shirt my dad got me (thank you) so I was easy to spot.  I was pretty sure I'd make it back before sunset, but I wanted the bright just in case.  My neighbor who saw me said I looked like I'd been crying when I got back.  Nice.  There was no crying, my face was just red from all the warmth outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment