28.11.11

Thanksgiving - the long drive home

6:00am EST I woke up.  (The time zones = relevant.)
6:30am EST I departed from Ft Wayne.  The first few miles were on a small county road.  In the dark.  In the rain.  It blew.  I had one stop in Indiana for gas, probably around 8:00.
Sometime later - I arrive in Illinois and suddenly it's an hour earlier.  I took the beltways around Chicago.  Everyone - the tolls are going up January 1st. 
Wisconsin state line - what the %$&* is up with this?  Did every driver on the road today miss the drivers ed lesson about the passing lane?  Go away.  Over 50% of the license plates I saw in Wisconsin were from Minnesota for cars. 
Shortly before 12pm CST - I stop at exit 69 (easy to remember) at the Pilot-Wendy's for some food.  Two seconds later, I walk back out, get in my car and go through the drive through.  Not one but TWO Mega Bus buses had just stopped there and the lines inside were insane.  I did not get to pee.
3:00 or so CST - I cannot believe I made the drive that fast.  Thrilled to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment