25.10.11

What the flood?

Post title is in honor of my favorite almost brother who is trying to stay above water in the capital city of Thailand.

My day was more the R-rated WTF.  Here's why:

7:10am Why is my lamp on?  Why is there no sunshine?  I grudgingly got out of bed and made oatmeal.  (Why do I not have enough hazelnut milk for my oatmeal?)

7:50am I headed out to the car to get to the computer training that is "mandatory" and by that we mean "completely redundant". 

Hmmm.  My power locks aren't working.  Moments after that - Oh shit, my whole car isn't working.

Those moments where you think "I'm supposed to know what to do here and it's not that hard, but my brain is apparently in quicksand at the moment" - it was like minutes before I could think "ok, call AAA and request a jump". 

Then I was all "Thank you God.  I did not want to go to this damn training anyways.  At least now I get to stay home and play on my computer for a while.

Phone call to AAA - For some reason the girl couldn't find my memberships so she had to transfer me around?  I don't know.  When they answer though, they say "AAA roadside assistance, are you in a safe place?"  before even asking for your name or membership number.  Nice touch.

8:25am or so, AAA-dude pulls up and looks at my battery.  Your battery is six years old.  You need a new one.  AAA-dudes now carry batteries in their trucks and he offered to sell me one and instal it for what I think is a very fair price.  Ultimately though, I just had him jump me and I drove straight to my mechanics.  (Side note - as I'm re-reading this to check it before I post, that line sounds dirty.  I wish my day went that way.)

9-ish I thanked my mechanics profusely for squeezing me in on a Monday morning and headed off to the remaining 2.5 hours of training.  (I'd have wished for a longer repair but it would have been more expensive.)

9:30am I rolled into the front "guest" lot at the county which is supposed to be for parking for 120 minutes or less.  Damn.  Turns out this thing goes for 2.5 hours, not 1.5 more hours.  The guy let me in and let me park there anyways.  First WIN of the day

12:30pm (Training went loooong.)  I came back and made spring rolls.  What is it with people at the office touching my food?  It's freaking rice paper.  Go away.

12:30:01pm I found out about all the people who'd been admitted to the hospital, kicked out of their assisted living, etc. etc. while I was away.  I entertained myself at work for most of the day following up on voice mails, emails, and catching up on some paperwork that's only mildly late.  Not time to panic yet.

6-ish it becomes clear that I am going to miss Qat Lady's "receiving hours" for the week.  I thought I'd have lots of time but that whole "Liz buys a new battery for her car" thing this morning really messed me up.  It also becomes clear I will miss the Qat Lady's apple crisp.  Boo!

Right before 7:30pm I roll up at the gym for Pilates.  I walk inside to a sign that says "7:30pm Pilates is cancelled".  Of course it is.  Instead of Apple Crisp, I went to the liquor store ad then hit Kowalski's (always a mistake to go there during a pity party) and got some comfort food.

8pm-ish  Come home.  The USPS has not delivered my accumulated mail.  (This is why you're bankrupt and no one likes you.)  Turn on the television - House is preempted for the World Series.  Suck it.  At least I had time to write my blog while drinking beer and eating pretzels and fancy cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment