9.10.11

Take phone running: hilarity ensues

I use an app on my phone to track my runs.  The one I picked out is called endomondo and it's been pretty reliable, although I'd read in the reviews some people having issues with the accuracy of the distance.  I'd never had that problem; it's been pretty consistent.  Until today.

All hell broke loose around mile 5.5 of my run.  For reference, the path I took was basically this one: 
 See how at no point am I actually running through a lake, or off sidewalks, or through the golf course?  Seems about accurate right?

This is what my phone thinks I did today:
 It's all good, from home, staying on sidewalks and paths, around the lakes, and then just before mile 6, I am Jesus and can now run on top of the water! I can dodge golf balls as I run across the golf course, and possibly over top of people's houses as well?

I knew something was off when it told me I'd run an 8:00 mile.  I wish.

Here's what my phone thinks my lap times are:
These are right through mile 5 (yes, I did run a 10:30 mile, go me!) and I think mile 6 is mostly accurate becuase I was walking some.  My phone also thinks I climbed and descended 2500 feet.  No wonder I was so exhausted later.

I have no idea what happened, or if it will happen again.  Or how to fix it.  I think this is going to be mostly trial and error.  And a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment