22.4.11

You spent how long on the elliptical?!?

Tuesday, as previously mentioned I did some cooking and did no working out.  Technically I suppose I was recovering from an 8-miler the day before.

Wednesday I also had the day off work.  (I know, I love my job too!)  I can't remember how many naps I took.  Let's say several.  I did make it to the gym at the end of the day.  I wasn't sure most of the day if I was really going to work out or just show up for the good behavior discount.  Happily, I did work out.  It was probably my only accomplishment of the day.  Why?  Because I woke up to this:

Snow.  At the end of April. Nice.


Thursday was my students last day as an intern at our office.  I will miss her.  She gave me a cactus so now Amanda (the cactus) has company.  I named this one after my student.  I took her to Punch for a 'Congratulations' lunch.  At the end of the day the real Amanda called me.  I thought I had a coupon that was only good at Punch after 4pm that day.  I was wrong because I can't read a calendar but by that time Amanda was in the mood for pizza so I paid full price for my second pizza of the day as well.

Friday (that's today) I went to the gym and did 9 miles (just over 90 minutes) on multiple ellipticals.  We'll call it preparation for the Flying Pig even though we all know it was penance for that second pizza.  After the gym I headed to work (because I'm a team player).  Work was a short day and at the end of it I got to leave my famous "don't leave me a voice mail; it'll get erased before I return" outgoing message in my voicemail.  Because my office is also closed Monday and Tuesday.  (I know; I love my job too.)

Here are some of the other ways I've been entertaining myself during all my time off work:

1 comment: