12.4.11

In which my leg hurts and other random thoughts

Thought process for the week: "I need to do at least a 10-miler this week.  Sunday and Monday are out for recovery days.  Friday and Saturday are out becuase I'm busy both days.  Thursday is out because I have an 8:30am meeting.  Wednesday it might do the r-word".

Those of you who could follow my thought process: good job!  For everyone else: Tuesday is the only day I could've done a long run.

I have this issue where the night before long runs I have a hard time falling asleep.  All I can think about is my route and how early I'll have to wake up and what snacks I should bring (Gu: yum) and so on.  To calm myself down last night I practiced a new technique: don't think about the run, just think about the outfit.  I also made an agreement with myself that I could do 10 miles on an elliptical instead of running if I wanted because of some of the other mileage I have planned this week.

At 5:20am the elliptical sounded better than outside so I headed over to the gym and spent quality time on several ellipticals.  (Thanks to the YWCA for straightening out your billing issue by the way.)

Work was fine.  At the end of the day I ran with a member of team:work who is also now GymBuddy.  Because I avoid the Y during the 'after work gym rush hour' at all costs, we ran outside tonight and had a nice time.  Other than my right leg which hates me.  I'm experiencing the 'this is more than stiffness or a little ache' ACHE in my quad (which happens sometimes) and my ankle (which is new).  It started during the run and is finally being alleviated now by ibuprofen.  Mercifully it is the kind of pain that responds quite well to one dose of ibuprofen and won't come back after the drugs wear off.

After elliptical, work, and running, I headed out with Crazy Kat Lady (is that her name now?) for Punch Pizza.  I was happily surprised that I like the Neo style pizza despite the picture of the tomato on the menu.  Yum.

Before I go, let me tell you about one of my new favorite songs.  How had I not heard this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment