3.1.11

In which I reflect freely on the weather and the gym crazies

While I'm sitting here waiting for the next episode of Castle to start (I love this show!) let me just say: Brrr.  I checked the weather and got this rather discouraging news:

My choices tomorrow are to get up at 5am and head out with some awesome running partners or to get up slightly later and head to the gym and run around the track.

Oh the gym, let's talk about that for a moment. January is the month of the all the new year's resolution crazies to join. They're not crazy in the eccentric, or wild, or rude (mostly they're pretty nice), it's more the sheer number of them. So January is a tough month at the gym and I will only go in the morning to avoid the wildness.

I got kind of discouraged because I wanted to go to the gym this morning but I didn't sleep well last night. Instead of running I let myself sleep in 'till 8:30 or so. I think I need to man up, go to the gym and get in the groove. Then I can use running with the awesome ladies as a reward. (Oh yes, 4 miles in the ice and snow at 5:30am in the sub-freezing temperatures is a reward compared to being at the gym. Maybe it's the company?)

No comments:

Post a Comment