16.12.10

Thursday LINKFEST

  • The Twin Cities: White, Liberal, and Cold.  Yes we are, although as many of the comments point out, the article measured the white and African American population and failed to recognize the huge communities of South East Asians, African-born immigrants, Spanish speakers and the Native American community.  Also, the thing about it being hard to make friends or develop a social circle up here; I have no earthly idea what that's all about.  I did it and I'm one of the most introverted people on the planet.
  • For my Mac bretheren, I read some of these short cuts and I was all, you're kidding!.  Hope you find them helpful too.
  • Why are only Six percent of scientists identifying as Republican?  Fascinating.
  • Speaking of scientists, we have a cure for HIV, now all we need to do is learn how to mass produce it.  Think of all the wonderful things we can do now that we've never been able to in the past.
  • I seem to have about a million friends who are teachers, you should all watch this.  I love it.  My favorite thing from working at the Science Museum was turning the teenagers loose and watching what they could do.
  • Castle:I freaking love this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment