1.9.10

Is it time for bed yet?

Is it time to sleep? Because I am soooo tired.

Last night Team:Work ran 2.2 miles doing week 2 of the Couch Potato Plan. After this it starts getting more complicated, harder to lead the sessions because I have to keep careful time. We had one new person join and one person who hadn't come in a while came back.

This morning I drug myself out of bed at 5:15 (swear) to go run. It's dark at 5:15am now, who knew. I did seven miles and it was one of those runs where my brain kept saying, "faster" and my body kept actually going faster. (Kind of nice not to have to pace myself for five hours of running.)

Then I showed up at work for a super busy morning. The office actually closed early for Staff Appreciation day and the bosses served us lunch. (Thanks again.)

For the afternoon, I headed over to Kohl's for some retail therapy. I discovered that when shopping alone, I am good at picking out certain items. Pants I can always do alone, very simple shirts and blouses (the kind I wear every day) I'm great at. Everything else is too hard for me to shop alone. I like it when someone else is there to say, "oh Liz, you can wear that with...." and give me more advice like that. Otherwise I don't branch out. Nonetheless, I had a good trip. I got three (or was it four?) shirts, two pairs of earrings and a pair of sunglasses. Win! for Kohl's for having earrings clearly marked as "surgical steel" and "nickel free" so I could actually purchase a pair or two.

After that I headed over to REI where I was complimented for bringing my own bag and actually having my membership card. Sadly, REI was out of my normal Gu packs. I bought a different brand which I'd had once before. I have one more 20 miler and maybe one or two other runs where I might want Gu. I also got a few more packs of Chomps which I love but don't fill me up quite the same way gel does.

Ever since then I've been home trying to convince my body that anytime before 9pm is too early for bed. My body and I are still in negotiations. I think I may loose...

No comments:

Post a Comment