21.9.10

I want to RUN!

There must have been a lot of races lately, across the US, because every blog I read is someone giving a race report right now.  Fantastic!

This morning, in preparation for my own race, I got up and got dressed to run, checked the weather by looking outside and then headed out.  Wow, those are tiny rain drops, no wonder I couldn't see them from the window.  In the dark.  I didn't anticipate the rain and was emotionally unprepared to have what will be my marathon running shoes get wet.

Plan B - off to the gym I went and made friends with one of my favorite elliptical machines. I realized that I was sweating profusely at the gym.  This is the time of year when I try to re-train my body from summer running (sweating is a good thing and will keep my from dying) to winter running mode (sweating just may cause hypothermia).  Effecting such a switch basically involves running and exercising in as few clothes legally possible to train systems to stop sweating.  I think I'll start that after the marathon.

Work was, well, I have two three-day work weeks in a row.  I love my job.  All the people I do business with are having five day work weeks so there's still five days worth of work that needs to be completed.  So I'm just trying to get through it.  Next week I get to have lunch in a Sukka.  My favorite Sukkas are the ones with "Christmas lights". Hee hee.  The highlight of my day was when Mary brought me Pepsi.  WIN!

After work I ran with Team:Work, still training for their first 5k for some of them, for some it's the first 5k in several years.  I'm such a pain in the @ss, I make them do squats, lunges and these things at the end of each run.   (Might as well make all those muscles around your knees as strong as we can.)  The 5k is around Hanukkah.  Every year the 5k is slightly warmer and features slightly less ice than the preceding year so we should be in good shape.  (Beth - I will create great weather for you this year.)

Eight million hours after I left this morning I finally got home.  I used greens, cilantro, scallions and an avocado and made what I will now call "Mexican Spring Rolls" for dinner.  Awesome.  Then I talked to Mom and somehow ended that conversation with a plane ticket home for Christmas.  Win number 2!  She hates it when I drive.  She hates to drive.  I actually find it quite relaxing although the Minneapolis-Cincinnati route is a bit of a haul.

Now I'm sitting listening to GrooveShark and couldn't be happier.  I only have 7.1 more miles to run this week.  And I have one more day of work before not working for several days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment