11.9.10

Fun with the parents: Day 2

It's still at night and I'm still stone tired.  Here's what's next:

Day two of the parents visit was Friday.  Friday morning I had an alarm clock fail.  I seriously meant to get up and run.  I'd set my alarm for the correct time on the wrong day.  So I slept in.  My parents protested my eggs and toast (and bacon!) breakfast and had yogurt and cereal and stuff.  I had yogurt, granola and fruit which is my preferred breakfast at work.  The we headed off to St. Paul.

First stop of the day: Como Conservatory which is always a must see when the parents come up. 

Amanda drug herself out of bed (after apparently working like 10 shifts in a row or something) and joined us.  After the conservatory we headed out to the zoo.  It was still the grayest day ever, much like the day before it.  Some of the animals were out but some were inside.  We saw the baby giraffe.  (Too cute!)  The new polar bear exhibit looks fantastic.  Sadly, that one bear still paces back and forth in a mildly psychotic manner.

After the zoo we went over to Cat Man Do for lunch.   Mmmm.  I highly recommend the mo-mos.

Amanda bailed at this point because she'd already spent some quality time at MOA recently.  So off we went.  (My poor dad.  Why didn't we take him home first?)  My parents watched some online video about this self-healing method last night (we are so not normal) so Dad went to the book store and got the manual.  (No, seriously.)  He read that (and I presume he practices too) while we shopped.

Mom and I got coats at Marshall's.  I got a change purse for me and a second purse that Mom liked but would never think to buy for herself at another store.  (And so goes the first Christmas purchase of the year.)  Then, the shopping trip also becomes a blur.  We tried some stuff on at Old Navy but didn't purchase.  We also tried on a ton of stuff at New York & Co but only bought belts.  We hit the mother load in DSW shoes.  I got a cute pair of work shoes (they have a wedge) and mom got two pairs of shoes for herself.  By that time we were about done and we headed up to meet Dad.

Both of their cell phones were dying (meaning their batteries wouldn't hold a charge) so I insisted on a trip to my phone store to get new cell phones.  They upgraded from the old school Nokia (you know the one) to flip phones.  They're actually nicer because the buttons are bigger.  Except the navigation square button, that ones harder to hit and it's fairly important.  It's a miracle they haven't called China and the police at the same time.  (I'm just waiting for that bill.)

And then, as with all the other days, we were all too tired to move.  Dad's reward for letting us shop was to go home and watch sports.  (Still can't believe Marshall blew that game.)  We ordered delivery from Pizza Luce.  (I need to take advantage of the fact that I'm within their delivery area by about one block.)  They had pizza and I had salad.  Yum.

About that time, my eyelids started to close of their own volition.  Not before I got the alarm clock set properly though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment