11.8.10

Long Run Wednesday: Three hours on an elliptical is really too long

I really was emotionally prepared to run in the heat this morning. Then, when my alarm woke me up at 4:50am, I looked at the weather and found it there was also 90% humidity. I was no longer emotionally prepared for anything.

So I went to the gym and decided to make peace with the elliptical. The gym got some new machines that I tried out. The verdict is back: boo. My legs, specifically my ankles and feet, hurt like nothing I have ever experienced on the new machines. So I say boo. Also, oddly, the new machines appear to have fewer pre-programmed workouts. (How?) The machines themselves are quite nice and the touchscreen interface is great. I also like that my iPod can plug into the machine and charge and I can control it with the touchscreen interface. After two hours on the new machines, I went back to one of the few old ones left. It was like heaven. The old machines have a different stride/stroke/whatever that feels better on my short little legs. Plus the pedals actually feel better too.

I worked from home for a bit after exercising and then went in. After work, I lead Team:Work again in running. It was just one other person and I today. That's right in the 90*+ heat and the heat index of 100*+. Yes, I am that crazy.

Then I realized that in order to hang out (read: drink) with Amanda tomorrow, I will be required to run in the morning to 'earn' my calories. I am tired already. Maybe I should go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment