1.8.10

The Chicago Report

It occurs to me that i never told you about my trip to Chicago. (Sorry.) So here's what I did:

My mom's cousin Julie, whom I know and like, lives in Bloomingdale Illinois (which is really not Chicago, more like an uber-suburb). Some part of that family was having a family reunion. Mom cared about it. I expected to know Julie and one other person besides my parents. But I wanted to see my parents since they really did drive half way.

Friday night I drove in and got there a little after 9pm. There was some party in full swing some where. We hung out for a little while and then headed home.

Saturday morning I went for a run in the rain. Then the rain stopped and we went to the reunion proper. It was at the grounds of, like an estate that they turned into a park. There were tons of garden and nature and lots of stuff to do. Here's what it looked like.

Mom and Dad in the 'sensory garden'.




Dad by the rose garden.


The path is flooded. You can't really tell. This was the weekend there was a rain storm in Chicago that flooded 290 and several small villages.




That was pretty much the whole day on Saturday. It was hot. It was a nice place to be for the day. Lots of pretty flowers and nice places to hang out.

Sunday morning I took a longer run. There are some really nice gravel trails by Julie's house. My knees were in heaven. Then Mom and Dad woke up and I took them for a walk on said trails. They run around a marsh land. We saw cranes, heron (my favorite bird) and some other stuff.

Then I drove home. It was a really short trip. I spent all of Monday wondering what happened to my weekend of doing nothing (the way I normally spend it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment