8.1.10

Slowly, slowly starting to feel better

Wednesday was a normal. I had a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast. I had a bunch of meetings at work. After work I made lentil soup (which I still haven't sampled yet) and called it a night.


By Thursday morning, I thought I was going to die. (Thanks sinuses!) I took the day off work and spent 95% of it on the couch. I tried some medicine, some hot pack on my face and some good old fashioned sleep. It's really amazing that I had sinus pain (and I mean pain) the entire day and didn't wind up with a migraine. One of my fishes died on Thursday.
Really the most appropriate picture for the day is the dead fish lying in the toilet but even I have limits. This is one of the still-living fishes. I have no idea what his name is, although Steve or Amanda could probably tell you. (They wouldn't tell you the same thing though.)

Speaking of migraines, I woke up Friday morning with a big one. I slept most of today too. I think the headache is finally starting to let up. I have to grab my head when I sneeze (thanks again sinuses) but other than that I'm good right now. So good that I went out to clean the snow off my car in case I ever leave my house again. I thought it would be really snow-ice covered but actually it just took a minute or two to brush off. After that, I had to pick between Target and Laundry because I need both clean clothes and food. Ultimately I decided clean clothing was more important. I still have some provisions here, I'll last for one more day and it'll be warmer then.
On the way back inside I picked up the mail, including a nice packet from the Board of Social Work.
I'd really like to show you a picture of my new social worker license I received in the mail today. Alas, it has my full name and my license number on the certificate so I think I'll keep that image private. But I can now write LISW after my name, no more LGSW for me. For everyone worried about my health, I've already filled this thing up twice today, I'm trying to keep as hydrated as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment