30.12.09

I need a jumping buddy

I'm starting off by saying that my ice plunge partner was in a car accident last week and has a mean doctor with NO sense of humor *ahem* hurt her foot and is unable to participate. Having seen the weather report, some people would say I lucked out because it is going to be cold on Friday. I'll probably still go as long as I can find a plunge partner. We're not allowed to do this alone. My pooky bear is the perfect, although very unlikely, candidate for new jumper. I'd jump with any of the running friends but they've all sworn off actual jumping in favor of spectating. A couple of the runners have kids (read: boys) who are old enough to jump so the kids are also candidates. (Do you think my running mates would mind if I introduced ice plunging to their kids new year's traditions?) We'll see who my partner is when I wind up taking the plunge.

In other news, I caught up on some reading today, recovering from the long drive and staying out of the snow. What'd I see?

1 comment:

  1. You really think I'm the perfect jumping partner? Because... I haven't even put on a swim suit in two years, and I hate the cold, and I especially hate being wet and cold. Oh, and I don't particularly care for being awake in the morning.

    I'm not even sure I could cheer you on. It really just seems like insanity to me.

    But, you're welcome to come over to the house in the afternoon and bake (or eat) cookies with Amanda and me.

    ReplyDelete