19.9.09

Liz trains for a Maraton: Liz Drops 5:00 from her 10K time



Today was the Bolder Dash, my favorite race of the year, and the only 10K race I've ever run. I ran the 10K last year too. It's really hard to get my head around doing two laps around that lake.


To start things off, Sen Klobuchar came out to thank Bolder Options, mentors, and families, which was cool. She said she couldn't run because she had some other events. I wonder how she would have done.




At the starting line.


I did take 4:56 (read 4 minutes and 56 seconds for non-runners) off my time from last year. (No wonder I felt like I was going to die after the race...). That's quite an achievement over last year when 10K was about the longest I'd ever run. It's all that marathon training paying off.

After I ran the 10K, Dad and I walked the 5K. We were pretty near the end of that race. But he didn't want to run. Not sure where the running gene comes from, maybe not him. He plays tennis though which makes me think he'd be a great sprinter. After moving my body the equivalent of about 10 miles (there was walking to and from the car, and to and from starting lines plus the 15K of actual movement) we went for lunch and now I'm about to have a siesta.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment