24.8.09

No power? No problem.

This morning, I woke up and decided to go back to sleep. When I woke up again, there was no electricity. Doh. No electric means no lights. Normally that's not a problem for me. As a former caver and bat biologist, I have a collection of flashlights and head lamps that rivals the camping section at most sporting good stores. But today, all my flashlights were with my gear from the race and were mostly out of batteries. Obviously, this lead to a comedy of errors this morning that culminated in me doing my hair in the dark.

In other news, I've decided to do the "Liz doesn't eat out for a month" thing again. The last time I did this was after my kitchen was finally finished. The rules at that time were no restaurants, no take out, but coffee shops are exempt (because I was totally hooked on lattes back then). That time, I wasn't really running a lot or putting in a lot of miles. This time I'm amending the rules that any day I run more than 10 miles in a single day, Chipotle is also allowed. (Sometimes, there's just no other way to recover that many calories.)

The last time I did this, it was mostly about money. This time I realize bad things happen to my body when I get lazy and eat out a lot. Really bad things. I'm getting excited about what I can cook for myself. I'm thinking of homemade chicken quesadillas (Firefox thinks "quesadilla" isn't a word btw). I was all emotionally prepared to try roasted brusells sprouts but amazingly the co-op didn't have any. Tonight I'm roasting other root vegetables such as beets, potatoes, carrots and cauliflower (which is not a root vegetable but it awesome). That'll be lunch for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment