19.8.09

Liz Trains for a Marathon: Another 17 miles

A couple of quick hits because I actually have to go to work soon (bah), no, actually I like my job. It's just hard when my feet are so sore.

  • I never knew all of the different places on my body I could get blisters and abrasions from fabric. I have a blister on my big toe from the seam in my sock, a wicked looking thing where my water belt rubbed against the skin on my back (yeah, that goes most of the way across my back too), and possibly a place under my arm from where my sleeveless shirt seam was hitting my skin.

  • Ice baths continue to rock.

  • I wish breakfast would cook itself. I'm trying to decide between cooking or just using the time to rest. Which is more helpful?

  • For some inexplicable reason, all of the paths, sidewalks, and roads under 35W along the creek were closed. Which I didn't realize 'till I was in the middle of a construction zone. ::Steps up on soapbox:: WTF, to the north there's a bridge over the expressway but it requires scaling about the biggest hill in Minneapolis, and the bridge over the expressway to the south is like a mile out of the way. In your construction zone there's a road, a sidewalk, a bike path, and a running path. You're not working on all of them at the exact same moment. Leave one open. ::Steps down::

  • Last night, I planned out a route, check it out here that was about 18.5 miles long. While I was running this morning, I was inspired to check out Lake of the Isles which is a similar mileage to Lake Nokomis. Also, I had a detour on the way home due to the above mentioned construction oversight. So I took this route instead. At least I got to go down the big hill instead of up it. (If you want to see the hill, turn on the elevation feature and look between miles 15 and 16.)

No comments:

Post a Comment