23.6.09

Elliptical... Wow

It's hot in Minnesota. Like Heat Advisory hot. So, I've been mildly fairly intimidated to run outside. I'm keeping up the work though.

Sunday, also my birthday, Beth and Jenna ran me around Lake Nokomis and let me walk up a hill for my birthday. Nice. Then, Bonnie acted as my personal shopper at Macy's. Some people have the gift of being able to look at clothes on a hanger and just know how they will look on a person. Kelly and Amanda also seem to have that gift. I do not. (It's ok, I have other gifts. I use my friends for this.) We picked out two tops and a pair of pants. I picked out a lot of brown, especially a lot of brown for Kelly not being there.

Then, I cooked. Well, first I bought a boatload of produce at the co-op. Then I cooked. And cooked. And cooked. I made Wheatberry Lentil Salad a stand by meal I make at least once a month and freeze. Obviously, I do not use tomatoes. Zuccini freezes well and I use that as a tomato replacement. Cucumber can also be used, but it doesn't freeze well. It get's slimy. Then, I made several servings of Honey Almond Chicken. I was advised the longer I ran, the more meat I needed to eat. (Speaking of food, I still haven't eaten dinner.) I thought this Tangy Cauliflower Salad would go nicely as a side with the chicken. It is perhaps my favorite meal I cooked. Yum

Monday I worked. I remember sitting at the pool at the end of the night. I'm reading a book called Veil of Roses, and I enjoyed it while I was cooling off after my swim. There's really nothing like getting in the pool at the end of the day.

Today, I meant to wake up and run 6 miles. I was intimidated by the predicted low of 76* (who runs when it's that hot?) so I decided to go to the gym. Happily, I did eight miles on the elliptical. So I'll do the six tomorrow outside. Hopefully outside. Now: dinner. Next: Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment