20.7.08

Pretty soon, I'll have 1000 blog entires

Wow, 1,000 entries is a lot. I'm at 933 right now, so I should hit 1,000 by the end of the year at least. Maybe sooner. What have I been doing?

Monday: I went swimming with my mentee. I swam laps which I hadn't expected to do and was sore the next day (more like three).

Tuesday:: I have no earthly idea what I did on Tuesday.

Wednesday: was our staff party. See that fence in all the pictures? 35E is basically down a steep bank on the other side of it. Some of the staff members were playing around until I accidentally hit the ball over the fence. Actually, I hit it and it bounced off the food table and over the fence. It was like a train wreck in slow motion. Everyone can see exactly how it's going to end but no one can take their eyes off the action. Woops.






Thursday: When I got home from work Thursday I ran hills for 30 minutes and then went swimming. After the volleyball incident, one of my colleagues asked me to play in a game with her at the JCC. I had a really nice time. The people there were all pretty good. Most were better than me at volleyball but I make up for lack of skill in athleticism. I was really tired by the end but it was fun. I don't know if I'll go again because I'm not a member of the JCC. There was some confusion and drama.

Friday:I finally quit the aquarium. I so badly didn't want to work that I decided the final straw had finally come. Really, Friday night I called in sick. I decided I didn't need to exercise Friday on account of the beating double work-out the day before. Plus my knee and one arm were quite bruised.

Saturday: I wrote an email saying that I couldn't work there anymore because of my schedule at my other job. Which is really true, just not the way it sounds. I have a normal schedule at my other job and no longer want to work on my time off. Saturday I spent most of the day reading the last Harry Potter book. Not sure what made me pick it up.

Sunday: I decided I needed to set another goal for the Nike+iPod deal to keep me running. I was disappointed that I couldn't say, "I want to run XX minutes this week". I can only say, "I want to run XX times per XX weeks" and it makes me choose between 4, 8, 10 and some other higher numbers of weeks. I ran 45 minutes this morning. I was really hot. I thought I was going to pass out. Really, I thought I was going to have a different problem. I was just glad I didn't eat breakfast first. After the run, I walked around Lake Hiawatha too. Lance Armstrong congratulated me on my longest run yet because I left the iPod going while I was walking. Hey, I'll take it. Then I came back and got in the pool. Now I'm sitting her writing and thinking about going grocery shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on nearing 1,000. I was reading someone else's blog who made a big deal of her 200th post. So I had to look up and see where I'm at... 2,195. Hmm. Either I need a new hobby (doubtful), or I've been blogging a lot longer than most people.

    ReplyDelete