28.7.08

I'd like to congratulate myself

I have a block when it comes to changing light switches in my house. A while ago, the light switch to my chandelier broke. I tried to fix it to no avail. I lived without light in my living room until a handy man came to fix the hole in my bathroom and I had him fix that too. Turns out I'd wired it correctly, the switch was faulty. Nonetheless, the block remained. So I was quite intimidated when my hallway light stopped working and it was clearly because of the switch. (See how it's split in two?)


I boldly went to Home Depot and bought a new light switch, for $0.52 which I felt stupid putting on a debit card (that may be a separate blog post) and came back and wired it up. And behold.... nothing.



Until I changed the light bulb. It works now. Go me.

I'd also like to share my most recent internet readings...
Fat friends make you fat, in Europe anyways. Interesting article and perhaps the most ridiculous picture I've ever seen.

I laughed out loud when I read this. Good for the real passenger for speaking up quickly and good for passenger number 3 for being hilarious sticking up for another human being.

Who remembers Oregon Trail? Gosh, this brought memories back.

Finally, I've been keeping an eye on this story because of where I work. There was a rally in Iowa this week to support the workers at the largest Kosher meat packing plant in the US. And the companion piece, Who's filling the jobs recently vacated by so many Spanish speakers?.

No comments:

Post a Comment