15.6.08

I can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow

Saturday night was a going away party for Amy (who I don't see too often and consequently, probably hasn't been mentioned here too much either). The true excitement came when we were in Amy's apartment and the sirens went off. Her apartment is all windows by the way.

I had a nice time at the party even though I didn't know too many people there. (I swear there was a man there who was wearing a purse.) As I was sitting in my chair on the side of the room watching everything happen I thought, "hmmm, I'm the only person here who's single". I wasn't really bothered by it. Although I think that maybe everyone else would think it is notable.

I left early (which really was fairly predictable when I knew about two people besides Amy). When I got home, I found out I was one of the 41,000 who lost power that night. Actually once I was a couple blocks away from my house I noticed there were no street lights so it wasn't a huge surprise when I got home. It's a good thing I have this history of caving and studying bats because I have all the proper equipment for a power outage in the middle of the night. I put on one of my headlights and read more of The Time Traveler's Wife. I can't put this book down. It's really good and I really don't say that about books too often.

This morning my mentee and I ran in the Gridiron Gallup around Lake Nokomis. She doesn't like running. I'm not sure if it's hard because she's never done it before but maybe she'll like it later in her life or if she'll just never like running. Oh well. One race down, two left to do for her. I was really excited to run because I hadn't since before I got sick. We walked mostly so I went to the Y afterward and tried to run there. I ran about a mile and then had trouble breathing. Is this what asthma feels like Amanda? So I ran really short intervals and I was fine. My breathing problems are being caused by a drug I was or am taking, either the steroid or the antibiotic. I don't think it's the sudafed. I think that'd be done by now.

By the time I was done at the Y it was almost noon and I hadn't really had breakfast either. So I went to Pineda Tacos (it's re-opened and it's really nice in there) and got a veggie burrito. Fried Cheese. Yum.

I had to do shopping for someone's birthday. No, not mine but I did think a DS or a Wii would be cool. I was feeling really frustrated because I didn't know what to get and someone hadn't updated her wish list on Amazon in a while. There was some interesting stuff on there from like 2006. I was also feeling like I couldn't just get a gift certificate to Macy's (which would surely be used on coffee) because it didn't show enough thought. Ultimately, I'm really happy with what I found. Part of my birthday gift will be torturing you. Heh heh.

I also bought a pair of silver shoes for the wedding. That's right. Silver. I looked for wedges and there were none. Ultimately I bought flats but the bride is even shorter than I am so I think it's ok. I have this issue with the dress though. There's a little more room *ahem* up top than I can fill out and there's this crazy metal wire that gives the dress it's shape. I'm worried it'll be even a little more exaggerated now. I jumped on the scale (after I had the burrito) and apparently I lost about 4lbs in my week of sickness and not eating. Not really sure how that's going to work. I think there's going to be some creative pinning. At least no one will be too concerned about the shoes.

And my parents are moving. I think. They haven't put an offer on the place they want to buy yet, but they are in negotiations I think. There's a little more information about the building they need. They did go look at cabinets for the kitchen, flooring and carpeting. And my mom is freaking out. You know? She'll tell you she doesn't have enough time. The truth is she has too much stuff and wants to take it all with her. I was in a ceramics class when I was 6. For the love of god, if you are a clutter bug, don't put your kids in ceramics. She has like four years of ceramics class stuff that she wants to keep. It's not even being used, it's just in the cupboard. I want to throw it away. Their my ceramics.

She asked me if I wanted to go shopping while I was home or stay in and clean out some of the rooms in the house. I want to clean out some of the rooms in the house but it seems like that would create more tension and pain than anything else. I guess it would be pretty painful for her to see all of those things go.

And she wants to take both of her couches to the new place. Couch A is older than I am and matches nothing else. Couch B is roughly as old as I am. There is at least furniture to match couch B. It's really eye opening how different I am from my mom some times. I was sort of excited they would move because then they could leave behind all of that furniture.

Apparently it's going to cause some pain and anxiety for me as well as my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment