18.5.08

Days 15 and 16

First off, I'm now using Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 and Greasemonkey is, once again, not working which makes me sad. It also makes the editing box on blogger way too small.

So for day 15 which was yesterday, I basically gave to the world by not taking up too much oxygen, what with the lying on the couch all day. I did add a pair of shoes to the good will bad.


Day 16 is today. My gift was going to work on a Sunday, which is normally my day of rest. My boss told me if I worked today, I could take any other day off that I wanted, so next Tuesday, (which will be day 25) I'll be reaping that benefit. I still think it counts because I did it to help out, not really for the day off.

Other than work today, I went to the Y and did the elliptical. I did 10:00 miles for four miles straight on that sucker. And then I nearly passed out. As a pop-quiz, for the person who just finished several classes related to how my body works: What is happening to me when I feel mildly light headed, winded, and like I might throw up? The good news is I do stop when I get like this and it only lasted about a minute, maybe two. I drank water in small sips which seemed to help. I've also noticed that I am much stronger on the elliptical now than I was even a few weeks ago. I'm glad I started running outside again. I would say it's the weather but I really think it's how early the sun rises. It helps me get up early.

My last act of giving for the day will be to share what I've found recently on the web:
Incase Kelly ever wants to re-design her blog again. Don't. Remember how much work it was last time.

Time tested kitchen tricks I knew nothing about before I read this. I'd heard of a couple of them, but most of them are new and helpful.

And finally remember that Corell commercial where all the models carry plates and fall down? this is even funnier. I always had a complex about walking in high heels so I'm glad to see even the professionals screw it up from time to time. This is a link to a youtube video. It's safe for work and hilarious with or without the sound. But if you can't watch it at work, you should still check it out. Hee hee.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, the last time I redesigned my blog, it was super-easy, because I paid someone to design one for me. WordPress makes it easy to redesign blogs, by the way. The pain associated with redesigns usually is a result of my changing my mind in how everything should be coded, like completely changing all the name graphics or deciding it should be more accessible.

    Just thought I should correct that misconception. As long as you don't have anything weird going on, site redesigns should be easy. That is, as long as you set things up correctly the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete