7.7.06

blog absentees

I am sitting at home (hee hee) wondering where Amanda and Kelly are because neither one has written anything for a while. I'm getting sad and lonely without their posts. The other day Kelly mentioned something about blogger not letting her post. While I've had this problem once or twice, it seems to be a much more common occurence for Kelly. Anyone know what that's about?

I ran today, around Lake Nokomis. I ran for twenty mintues, took a .5 mile walk and then ran the last .5 miles at a quicker pace than I typically run. I was totally encouraged that I could run for a while (like 5 minutes) at this new faster pace, but when I walked around the lake again, after running I noticed some disturbing things about distances and my pace. Basically I am the slowest runner alive. I run like a 12 minute mile and that's being generous. So then I started freaking out about just how long it's going to take to run a 5k. I really don't want to be the last person who finishes the race. Although, looking at last year's results a 12 minute mile isn't unheard of.

Anyways, I was totally excited about how well I was doing this morning and then I got all discouraged once I realized where I would like to be in running and where I am.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:59 PM

    Hey... there's some problem between Blogger and my host. A real, official problem. I've got a "trouble ticket" in with my host to see if they can figure out what's wrong.

    Oh, and I'm still posting. Or, at least, I'm still writing posts. They'll get up there eventually. I posted a little on the Girls-Only one, if that helps.

    ReplyDelete