29.6.06

Running and pools

I woke up this morning and ran around Lake Nokomis. I'm still on week 4 of the couch potato plan. I actually threw in an extra three minute run at the end because I made the walking break between the second 3 mintues/5 minutes of running longer. The thing about running around Lake Nokomis is there's a stop light at Cedar Ave that impedes my progress but the little part of the lake that's on the west side of Cedar Ave is my favorite part of the whole run.
When I got done running I decided to walk back to my car and get my gatorade and then walk around the lake and enjoy the sunshine. I could only do this because I had taped my arches and my feet didn't hurt. I have a slight shin splint in my right leg but other than that I am doing amazingly well.

When I got home I got in my suit and jumped in the pool. I very quickly climbed out of the pool because it is freezing cold. I sat in the sun for a while and read and now I'm enjoying the air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment