5.2.17

Sunday Not Long Run

Plan: Go run, use the 130-150bpm program on my watch.  Have fun.  Today's goal mileage is around 8 and the real long run is tomorrow.
Route: Around Lake Hiawatha and Lake Nokomis, taking the long way home.  Strava says the last time I've done this route is 2016, and before that it was 2014.  Yowza.
Weather: Low 20's and wind out of the west.  I thought it was going to be out of the southeast, but apparently that's tomorrow. I wore sweat pants, compression socks, a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt, with a headband and gloves.
Execution: I had fun in the sunshine, and really didn't look at my watch a lot.  Most miles I was in the high 13:xx (which I'm telling myself I'm okay with).  I'd had delusions of grandeur of doing strides at the end.  No.  Just, no, I'm hungry.   
Nutrition: This was a fasted run.  Meaning my lazy butt woke up around 10:30am and left around 11am.
Bonus: I am surprised and pleased to report that my phone did not turn itself off so I was able to take pictures.  When I got home I made myself a banana and cashew butter smoothie and then stretched myself out.


No comments:

Post a Comment