4.9.16

Long Run Sunday - welcome back W River Pkwy and Franklin Ave Bridge

Plan: Get up when the alarm goes off.  I thought if that happened, everything else would be fine.

Route: Celebrate W River Parkway reopening after two years of being closed, and Franklin Ave bridge reopening after being closed all freaking summer.

Weather: Low 60s and slightly humid to start.  Mid 60s to finish.  I saw a girl wearing a long sleeve shirt when I was running, and I thought, I'd be okay with that.  It was glorious.

Execution:  The main point of this run was to check out the early parts of the 10 mile course and get some practice on the hill up to Franklin Ave.  Makes sense when you see the elevation profile right?  I was really pleased with this run.  Heart rate was low until I needed to, um, stop for a moment. After that I just wanted to be done.  That was the last 1.5 miles so it was cool.  The run was a mile or two shorter than I wanted, route options being what they were.  So when I got back to the gym, I did a few sets of kettle bell lifts, and even practiced squatting with that big fat bar.

Nutrition: I had a few sips of water.  I had chews at miles 4 and 7. Only a couple chews each time.  Note to me for race day - don't drink or eat too much.  This is how you get bloated and sick.

Bonus: The rest of the day I did all of the things, including cooking
  • Homemade tomato soup
  • Homemade muesli
  • Lentil and couscous salad
  • Summer Squash Salad
  • Laundry
  • Dusted/cleaned living room
  • Dusted/cleaned bedroom
  • Cleaned the kitchen - this almost deserves its own post
  • Cleaned the bathroom
  • Dinner at the Lowbrow with friends. 
  • Watched US Open - Nadal WTF?!?; Monfis - way to go; Sock - shocked you won that set, way to go also

No comments:

Post a Comment