7.1.16

Mouse Battles: Part II

All the mice love my apartment.  Remember when I met the first one around Thanksgiving?  I thought maybe I saw a tail the other day, and then today it was absolutely confirmed, the mouse is real.  And brazen.  The thing was just out, running around while I was sitting trying to finish up my work.

As I looked up and stared into his little beady eyes, decisions were made.


Outcome: I'm calling it a draw.  I heard the trap go off just as BiteSquad was delivering my food.  When I went to go check the trap, I see the mouse is very much alive and freaking out because only it's leg got trapped.  Well fuck.  A dead mouse with a broken neck is one thing.  A live mouse with a broken leg is a whole other ball of wax.  That I don't want to deal with.

Ultimately I put on gloves and got a dish towel which I was willing to sacrifice for this endeavor and went over to address the situation.  Mouse and trap covered with towel, taken outside, and mouse freed.  It ran away, probably with a broken leg.  I was having a conversation with a friend via text and she was impressed that I could deal with a live mouse at all. I was a bit impressed with myself too really.

No comments:

Post a Comment