14.3.14

Asked on a date by a dirt trail: I said yes!

I drive a lot, for reasons not related to running.  But I'm always trying to incorporate new running spots into the massive amount of time I spend in the car.  Today, as I was driving along, I saw this huge "trail crossing" sign.  I looked to the left, and then to the right and saw the most inviting thing ever: a dirt (crushed limestone) trail.  Yes please.  As a stroke of good fortune, I'd actually packed my gear to run along the Greenway after work.  But I figured the universe threw a trail down in front of me, so I'd better take advantage. I took care of my other stuff, then headed back to the trail to look for a place to park.

My goal mileage for the day (before I found awesome trail) was six miles, so I decided to stick with that.  Other goal for the day, I kid you not, was to take it nice and easy.  None of this speedy sillyness.  Just an enjoyable run.  And enjoy it I did.

I stopped to take a few pictures along the way, and then a bunch at the end of the run while I stretched out.  There was even a bat house along this trail.  As a bonus to the awesomeness of the day, I had a FaceTime call with Grandma at lunch and then Nathan took me out for Thai food for dinner.  And I have a get together with an old work friend for tomorrow night. All in all, this day was a 10 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment