2.7.13

Sunday - Minneapolis Pops in the Park

Every once in a while, Nancy and I have a hard time deciding what to do.  Nancy has a long and storied history of saying "let's go to this movie" and it turns out to be the worst thing in the world.  Today she wanted to see the Will Smith/Jayden Smith movie which got a whopping 11% positive reviews at Rotten Tomatoes.  I countered with '42' which had almost 80% positive reviews.

Then I was told the Minneapolis Pops Orchestra were playing at the Lake Harriet Bandshell.  Sold!  I actually biked over and back.  Biking is so peaceful when I'm not doing it 'for exercise'.  I met Nancy who drove, although she claimed the ticket for free ice cream for everyone who biked over because 'I biked today'.  Shaking my head.  The pops are one of the few orchestras in the Twin Cities that haven't been locked out due to contract negotiations, and it was really enjoyable to see them.

I got there first yeah for not having to look for a parking spot and had time to take some pictures before the show started.  It was a gorgeous day at Lake Harriet and everyone was out enjoying it.  They said there were 2700 people at the concert and even more sailing, canoeing, swimming and walking around the lake.





No comments:

Post a Comment