12.3.13

The Track Workout from Hell

It's Minnesota and March so the weather could be 50* or 5*, or pretty much anywhere in between.  Today it was 28* and 17mph winds so there was no way I was running outside.  I read about some different track workouts on another blog.  The 10 x 400 with 400m jogs for the rest looked interesting and I decided to give it a try.
Results: I never want to see the track again.  Honest.  The workout itself was challenging but possible (because I'm a slow ass so a sprint for me is like normal pace for everyone else).  The conditions on the track today were so much less than fun.  It gets crowded and there's people walking in the running lane and then the passing lane gets crowded and then there's kids running around not in any lane...  So it's hard to say if I don't want to see the track because of the workout, or just because I was on it for so long today and just got sick of it.
I did the workout almost exactly as written.  I walked about 300M instead of jogging after rounds 4 and 8, just because I get bored on the track and I need something to look forward to.  It's too much to count to 10, but thinking "4 and I get a break" is possible.  And since I run marathons with walk breaks, I think it's reasonable to train that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment