28.12.12

Vacation - Christmas

Breakfast - I thought I was off from cooking.  I was wrong.  I made fruit crepes with keffir yogurt, nuts and granola.  Fruits included bananas, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.  It was excellent.

Presents: The calendars were a big hit.  Merry  Christmas.

Alone time: Mom felt bad that her brother didn't have anything special to do on Christmas Day, so she wanted to spend time with him but was having a major OCD attack about the situation because her brother's home had bed bugs recently, although is supposedly free now.  She set tissue papers all over the car for her and Dad to sit on, brought a robe into the garage to wear when she got back, and made both of them wear old shoes.  Then when they got back, everything went into the wash except the shoes which are relegated to the garage for the foreseeable future.  This is after two post treatment inspections that found no bugs in said house.
My Christmas Present to myself was not participating in the OCD madness.  I stayed around the house and took a nap.  About the time Mom and Dad were supposed to get home, I headed out for a five mile run, the longest I've done since my Thanksgiving turkey trot.

Dayton: Dad was feeling bleh so Mom and I headed up to Aunt Mary's house for Christmas dinner, to see family from Texas, and to retrieve Grandma.  Family from Texas were wonderful to see; they have a son who is one now and particularly entertaining.  There were blizzard warnings all over the place for Dayton and Grandma was lobbying me to take her straight to Portsmouth.  (No way on God's green earth am I driving that far tonight.)  Christmas dinner was Italian.  While I was sad not to have Italian, this was a lovely replacement.

Christmas Lights: We did take Grandma to see the Christmas lights in Cincinnati, particularly in St Bernard.  This house, which includes decorations on the detached garage is the clear winner in several categories including overall wattage, use of color, variety of lights, variety of blow up characters, and general tackiness.  Nonetheless, Happy Birthday Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment