13.11.12

Tuesday Runners on Ice

I woke up (at 5am when my alarm went off) and wondered who is the craziest runner of all?  Running Beth for going for a run today, when it's 19* and icy?  Or me, for joining her?  Turns out, we had other company in the form of two ore runners, so all the crazies were in good company.  For running, The first cold icy run is like a badge of honor for the season and everyone comes out for it.  It's the second run that's really torture.  After that, the body remembers what to do and calms down.


It was dark at 5am.  And there was frost on my windshield because it was cold.  Sadly, the run was too dark for pictures but I did try.


Instead of pictures of the run, I will tell you that I stayed up with the group (or they had mercy on my slow ass and dropped their pace down) and it was great to see everyone.  I think I had help with the pacing from Henson (who is a dog) who stopped more times than normal on this run.  When Henson stops, Running Beth stops and then the rest of us stop and I get to catch my breath.  Also, we caught a particularly long stoplight or two along the way.  The ups mean faster pace and the downs mean slower.  The really low peaks are stop lights or dog poop.

When I run so early in the day, by the evening I find myself disappointed I don't get to go on another run or hit the gym.  (How will I entertain myself now?)  Tonight, I dropped off a plate to a neighbor and that turned into wine, cheese and crackers, so I did okay.   

No comments:

Post a Comment