25.10.11

Vacation Saturday - Yo Delta! Where's my boarding pass

9:41am is when I finally woke up.  It was so foggy I decided god was telling me not to run. Win for me!  I made Eggs and Goetta and recruited Mom for another day of shopping. 

"I'll give you something if you help me install the printer"  I refer you to earlier this week when I was asked how drunk I'd need to be to help with this task.  (All the way drunk.)  I finally succumbed to the parental pressure.  It wasn't hard to install but it took a long time. I tried to touch the printer as little as possible.  That's mainly to avoid hearing "Elizabeth did that and I don't know what she did".  (Not fair when you ask me to install the thing.)  My prize was fuzzy fleece pants with flying pigs on them.  Whatever.

Marshall's Mom and I were both winners.  I got wool socks (worth the trip just for that), workout pants, and a nice pair of black slacks.  Mom got turtle necks.

Skyline It's always Skyline time on vacation.

Coldwater Creek - Mom wanted to go to look at pants.  We both lost.  At least I got her to try on the correct size.

Gap - Mom found the pants she wanted.  I already won at the Gap the day before. 

Eddie Bauer - Mom could've gotten pants here too but she thought they were too expensive.  (Worth every freaking penny.)

Old Navy Mom won big time with some corduroy pants.  I lost completely.  I shouldn't be allowed in Old Navy without a chaperon.  Mom doesn't count.

RUN!  I finally felt like taking a run, although I was worried about falling asleep half way through.  Shopping for two days is hard work.  I did a shorter run than the day before, only 4 miles instead of 6.  My parents live in hill country.  Luckily, they live at the bottom of a hill so I get to run up at the beginning and down at the end. I love running down hill.

Green Dog Cafe  Mom, Dad, Marge and I headed over to dinner.  I found this place a long time ago, once I refused to get my parents any more "items' for Christmas, only gift certificates to restaurants. (They'll actually use those.)  At first Dad hated it and then they got a liquor license.  Now he loves it. 

Bridge Mom's favorite thing to do.  Ever.  Dad and Marge beat Mom and I, only just barely.

Delta - WTF?  Sometimes Delta's "online check in" system goes bat shit crazy.  Tonight is one of those nights.  After not being able to check in on the Delta App at all (it kept trying to check me in for my flight from last Tuesday), I checked in online.  Then Delta failed to send the boarding pass to my phone via text message. So I checked in again and asked Delta to send the boarding pass link to my email.  (Several hours later haven't seen either one.)  So finally (damn, good think I helped install that printer) I checked in again and printed the boarding pass. Thanks Delta, for having all these great computer systems working so wonderfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment