25.10.11

Cincinnati Friday - Run, Shop, Spaghetti!

8am or so I woke up and headed out for a run.  My parents truly live in hill country.  In Minneapolis I'm always all it'd be fun to run the full Flying Pig and then I get here and see the course.  I'd have to run my Highland Park hill route twice a week.  (Which is possible.)  But, yeah, hills.

9:30am or so I got home, after my $%#@ phone failed, only once, during the run.  It has to do with the music player and GPS on at the same time I think.  Endomondo does not help the situation.
I made myself breakfast and cooked Mom and extra couple pieces of Goetta.  (We need protein!)

11:30 or so we headed to Kendwood Mall, the only place in all of Cincinnati with Mac Store.  (Now consider myself blessed to have like four of them in driving distance from my house.) 
Apple store - "Hi, this is my mom.  Please show her what an iPod is and how to use one".  I knew she wouldn't buy one today but I wanted her to see what it was like.
Then we started shopping.  It took several stores for me to teach Mom the "try it on anyway" game and she played only reluctantly.  I had to recruit several salespeople at most of the stores into the game.  Their role was "that's not the right size; yes, you really need something smaller".
Talbots - not playing.
The Limited - Starting to play the game.  Most helpful salespeople ever!  I came away with something cute but Mom didn't get anything.
Eddie Bauer - Finally, a pair of jeans, a cute as hell top and a corduroy jacket for mom. I failed miserably for myself, but look at what me and the sales girl (Wendy, who lived in Minneapolis for six months) helped my mom find.  (Yes, I was the extroverted one who talked to salespeople and asked for help.  Amanda would have been proud.)
Lunch because by 2pm we were hungry as a hippo.  We shared a Chipotle bowl and neither one of us was quite full.  Improper nutrition is as bad in shopping as it can be in running.  Just FYI. 
The Gap - Now we're getting somewhere.  Sadly the hem had fallen out of the only pair of pants that fit Mom.  She really liked those pants too.  I got several cute items there.  
Macy's - the only place we both had Gift Certificates for; we both failed miserably.  Improper fueling.  We didn't eat enough because we were trying to save room for spaghetti.
Banana Republic and White House Black Market - just because Mom liked the khakis at Gap and these were the next two steps up from that store.  (Is White House Black Market part of the same company or have I been imagining that all this time?)  That was a long way to walk for no pants.  Mom is even a size smaller at White House Black Market.  She ranged 4 sizes in the different stores, which is usually what I range as well.
Michael's to pick up a birthday present for one of my favorite cousins.

Dinner Time - we went to Kentucky to see some family, play with some little cousins, and have spaghetti dinner.  (Something I usually only get a Christmas!)  We had a great time.  I read to Luke about Beavers (Amanda get your mind out of the gutter.)  Then we played with cars and the tickle monster got Luke.  (He got me back though.)

1 comment:

  1. I think you were hesitant to play the "humor me" game too at first. Because it gets us out of our comfort zones, and that can be... uncomfortable. But, best way to try things that aren't your usual style. (It's a much harder game to play with guys, btw. Unless Hawaiian print shirts are your goal. Because their clothes really seem very much the same to me.)

    ReplyDelete