5.4.11

Vacation Kansas - Day 2 (Saturday)

Sun is shining in Kansas.  In Minnesota it's dreary and cold. 

Saturday Kansas rolled out the welcome mat for me and I totally enjoyed it.  It was 75* and sunny.  Niiiice.

In the morning we went to Khol's because Beth had a coupon burning a hole in her pocket.  (Actually it was a wild combination of multiple coupons that could only be used that one day.)  I got the orange jacket featured above.  It's almost as bright as the sun.

Beth's family dropped me off at home for my nap while they visited some old and new family friends.

Then they came and reclaimed me so we could go to a place called Yello Sub.  Beth said it's a great place to eat and I enjoyed my meal thoroughly.  I maintain that Beth and her mom only wanted to eat there so we could hear Beth's youngest daughter say the word "yellow" several times.  (It comes out 'lellow' and certainly added to the experience.)

After lunch we headed home and did some light yard work for Beth's mom.  Everyone helped.  Snow shovels double as a nice dust bin for leaves.  Just in case you need that information.
Snow shovel and flip flops.  


Then we all walked to the park at the end of the street.  The park has a 'spinning thing' which is very fun and not exactly what you think it is, but similar.
The park also has some fantastic static cling which Beth's older daughter demonstrated.

Magnolias.  In bloom.  Kansas has rolled out the welcome mat nicely.

Beth and I left the girls at the park with her mom and headed into downtown Lawrence for packet pickup, general tourism, and to meet all of team Bringing Up the Bok.
Kathy sporting the team uniform.


Cotton candy: $3 as big as you want it.

We met at the Free State Brewery (if you've been to Lawrence, you know what I'm talking about) for beer and planning.  Then we went over to Bob's (he's the only guy in these pictures) place for pre-race pasta dinner and van decorations.
That paint plays an important role in the rest of the trip too.  Much like the cheese balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment