25.4.11

For Easter there shall be running

This is the conversation I've had with almost everyone in my office last week:
Coworker: Happy Easter!
Me: Thanks but I don't celebrate Easter
Coworker: Why not?
Me: I'm not Christian?
Coworker: What are you?
Me:Nothing?
Coworker: You can't be nothing.

Sunday morning since I wasn't celebrating an empty tomb (is that what Easter is about?), Beth took me for a run and kicked my butt *ahem* helped me keep an honest and challenging pace.  I can always tell when I'm working just hard enough by when I feel like I'm going to toss my cookies.  You know, like it says on that shirt. When we got back and I saw how many few minutes it took to run the route I was all, 'yeah, no wonder I feel like this'.  Special thanks to Beth who wasn't really trained for a long run but came along because she's a good friend.

After running, it was time to go over to my pooky bear's house for real Easter meal.  Krazy Kat lady won a 10lb ham.  (Seriously, who else of my friends could I ever say that about?)  She brought said ham for obvious reasons.  My pooky bear cooked an excellent lunch of sweet potatoes.  I think there was other food as well.  Did I mention the sweet potatoes were wonderful? 

Both Pooky Bear and Krazy Kat lady are have cats.  After all the food was away, my pooky bear's husband showed us the awesomeness of the furminator.
Don't be fooled; that cat is in heaven!

Hi!  I won a 10lb ham at work!

My Pooky Bear sets a very nice table.  I think all the girls at the table were suitable impressed and felt it added to the ambiance.  My impression is the boys just wanted the ham and turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment