19.4.11

Brooklyn Saturday

The Avett Brothers unknowingly provided the soundtrack for this trip.  Nice.

Saturday for some reason I didn't want to run. I can't remember why now but sleeping seemed a better idea.

Mark and I walked the dog which is always an experience. Everyone stares at the dog and the human walking him. Some people come over and talk, some people want to pet him but are scared, some people run the other way, some just stare. It's quite an experience.

We left the dog at home for the farmer's market and the coffee stops we made along the way (Decaf?!?) I'm jealous that New York's farmer's markets are open already. I'm still counting the weeks until my market opens with it's awesome-bacon and pasture fed eggs. (Maybe I am a food snob.)

Most of the rest of the day was similarly spent hanging out at home. I got my first chance at putting Little Cousin to sleep. Great success. (Had to make up for all the times I made him cry.)

A friend of Mark and Irmghard's came over for dinner and brought her son who is Little Cousin's same age. We passed babies all night long. I can't remember if I made the other kid cry too. (Not really made them cry so much as they cried because I couldn't feed them. Sorry.)

Also, I believe there was Passion Fruit Ice Cream for dessert. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment