23.1.11

A serious case of Cabin Fever

Quick, anyone - when's the last time I ran?  I think Wednesday night I went running at my happy place.  Thursday I got a hair cut.
Friday I found out I need two fillings and then walked at the gym and talked with a guy who'd run Ragnar the first year I did.  Friday the real temperature low was -13*.  No one knows about the wind chill because we were too scared to ask.
Winter sucks!

Saturday and today I basically stayed in my condo.  And was a hermit.  I'm reminded by reading posts from last February and March that it actually gets worse before it gets better.  Because when this stuff melts it makes this huge puddles (that look like small lakes) that make obstacles in my path for several weeks.

Winter is even more ridiculous when 9* counts as a milder temperature
Tomorrow, with the assumption that the temperature will at least be a positive digit, the girls are planning a run and I am planning to join them.  My yak trax finally gave up; a small piece of rubber that holds the strap on broke.  I ordered a new pair from Amazon and did duct tape surgery on the current pair, hoping they'll work tomorrow and all the way 'till the new ones come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment