29.12.10

Christmas vacation one day at a time: Tuesday - the best day ever

Why's this the best day ever?

Let's start off with the fact that I didn't roll out of bed until like 1030am.  When I did roll out of bed, I threw on my running clothes (which are so gross at this point they could walk around by themselves) and went hill running - Cincinnati style.  Really, my face hurt so bad I knew my sinuses were backed up and running would fix it.  I just didn't have it in me for another trip over to Lunken, and I really didn't have time.

After running, I had a "breakfast" of Goetta, the 'other' Cincinnati treat.  Win! 



After 'breakfast' I headed over to see Chris and Alicia, last seen together during the toilet seat incident.  We hung out at Alicia's.  She's takes care of bats that need rehabilitation (like they were injured or sick and need care before being re-released) in her spare time and by our luck, had a bat that wasn't hibernating.  I was so excited because it's been a long time since I've had the chance to play with bats.  If there was a way I could net bats all summer and still be a social worker, I'd probably  try to work it out.  We got to feed this little bat.  It took a few bites of my fingers, as these suckers will, but mostly stuck to the meal worms.  So excited!






Look at my glee!

Today, I will happier than a bird with a french fry: I will be as happy as a bat with two mealworms!



After the bat got lunch, so did we, at Skyline duh!.  We tried for a repeat of the toilet seat incident but we were sober and they didn't have any good seats so we walked around Sears for a few minutes looking for duct tape and reflective tape and reliving a few other incidents from our past.




Once you know her, it's not unusual that Alicia has like twenty lighters in her pocket.



We went back to Alicia's awesome pad and she showed us some of her favorite YouTube videos (what is Kitten Wars exactly?) and I showed her the first Ragnar 911 video, and this year's Ragnar 911 video too.

After seeing Alicia and Chris I had a bonus dinner with Aunt Barb, Uncle Tom, Gramma and my parents.  Dinner was fine but dessert truly rocked.  Aunt Barb had so many desserts most people wanted to sample them and took a bit of each.  But I was all homemade cannoli?  hell yeah I'll have another.  And so I did.  Many many times.  I had like three.  It's just what was filled that no one else took.




I watched some of the Vikings game with Dad while doing laundry.  Hopefully that'll be dry soon so I can do some packing and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment