29.12.10

Christmas vacation one day at a time - Monday: The day after the day after

Monday is something of a blur right now.  I know I woke up late and failed to run.  After that, I had a breakfast of chocolate cookies and coffee.  Win!




Mom and I headed north to see Jenny and Doug and eat yet another meal at Skyline.  Win #2!  We headed over to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3D.  While the 3D was no where near as cool as Avatar, it's totally worth it to see the film in theaters.  There's nothing like hearing the lion roar in surround sound.  Before and after the movie I got a tour of Mom's old life in Sharonville (oh, that's the farm where we used to buy our eggs).

Then we headed down to the Krohn to look at all the holiday flowers.  There was a brass quintet there playing.  They were, um, well, yeah.  But I can't play the trumpet at all so I'm done casting stones.



Oh, oh, Cincinnati, how I love thee


Mom practically begged Jenny and Doug to come over afterwards (I wanted them to come too, but she just wanted other people to eat the massive amount of food we have leftover from the party).  After dinner Mom tried to teach Jenny and Doug to play Bridge.  Bridge is easily my favorite card game to play.  Usually I have to play it on Yahoo Games because it's hard to find the correct number of people at my level (which is 'not that good') to play.  Bridge is also a strategy game involving card counting and math.  It's fun as hell.  But it's tough to be the person who doesn't know what's going on.  Jenny and Doug handled it well.

After Jenny and Doug left I spent some time talking with Deb since it's clear I won't get to see her this trip.  (Yeah, totally my bad.  I could've planned that better.)  Then I talked to Amanda and had to admit what my pooky bear and I got her for Christmas/Birthday (Birthday from me, Christmas from Kelly, again due to my screw up with planning) so she didn't go out and buy it herself.  Then I had to admit my admission to my pooky bear, who was very understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment