21.2.10

Runners on Ice: Runners encased in ice

Here's the thing about the TV that my pooky bear gave me: it cuts off the corner of the screen and I can't see exactly how many seconds are left of the hockey game. Hurry up clock. Sometimes it cuts of the top or the bottom too.
GO USA!!!!
I'm not sure why the TV does that. Although she said that she had to take it back a few times to get the thing fixed so maybe that's why.

I had a great day. Here's how it went:

6:00am Ohmugosh whutimizzit? A moment later: why is my alarm making noise? And another second later: I have to get out of bed to run. (What was I thinking when I agreed to this?)

6:30am Find Beth and Robin at Lake Nokomis before sunrise. It was forecasted to be 12* for the low. So I dressed for running in 12* (wool socks and sock liners, tights and sweat pants, cold weather running shirt, jacket, gloves and hat) and it's a good thing I did. Because it was cooler than that. And super humid out. (Yes, humidity can by a problem at 12*.)

We could actually see a (well, in the water it'd be called a thermocline) an event in the fog over the lake, like where it stopped being so foggy about 20 feet above the lake. So the more we ran the more we sweat, which didn't evaporate becuase of the humidity and then it all turned to frost which made us cold, although it provided some awesome pictures.

After running I enjoyed a hot shower. Remember this summer when I thought ice baths were the best thing ever? Yeah, I don't remember it either.

10:00am I had an huge breakfast after all the running: a fried egg sandwich with two fried eggs and three pieces of bacon. YUM!

11:00am I did my taxes today. It took about an hour, maybe a little more. Sweet. Then I started cleaning and by cleaning I mean that I shredded a freaking ton of paper. And then I broke the part of the box that holds the hangers of the hanging files. Which tells you how many papers I had to shred.

2:30pm Was I shredding papers that long? I sat down for a few minutes. Then my teenager called me and I gave her a ride home from work. It was nice to see her.

4:00pm I went to the Y for a soak in the hot tub. Evidently the hot shower earlier wasn't enough.

5:00pm Dinner at Chipotle with my neighbor Steve. His burrito was packed with way more ingredients than mine which made me feel dainty and feminine (while eating a burrito the size of my head).

7:00pm I called Mom and Dad and talked for a while.

And once I got done with that phone call I turned on the hockey game and here we are. Plus now I'm talking to Amanda on the phone hearing all about her weekend and all the things that happened after I bought her Tex-mex on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment