19.5.09

A Covert Reminder of High School

Some of you reading this will know I went to Walnut Hills, a very unusual high school. I took several advanced placement courses there, including AP English. Another person who went to my school was the son of cartoonist Jim Borgman. Mr Borgman, among other things has a comic strip called "Zits" about a high school student. He has said that he does get ideas for the strip from his own family, including his son. And it took me no time at all to take the reference in this strip, seen here on May 19. Know why? Because I had almost this same exact assignment as part of my AP English Class.



I think mine was "literary analysis of the minor characters in Huck Finn", but it was no less ridiculous for a 25 page paper. Thanks again Ms Mahin, I'm just happy I didn't have to take English when I got to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment