13.6.08

The Friday Five

From The Friday Five

1. Did you get an allowance as a kid, and if so, how much was it?
My allowance was based on how well I behaved. I had certain things I had to do every day (like brush my teeth, get dressed for school without freaking out) and I got a star if I did it. At the end of the week I got 2 pennies for every star. Usually it was like $1.00 or so.

2. How old were you when you had your first job, and what was it?
I started baby sitting when I was 12 for a couple families on my block. When I was 15 or 16 I was hired at the Cincinnati Museum of Natural History in their teen program (so you see, I come by this whole working with teenagers in museums thing naturally.)

3. Which do you do better: save money or spend money?
I think I save it pretty well. I try to buy myself what I need and make myself comfortable but nothing more than that.

4. Are people more likely to borrow money from you, or are you more likely to borrow from them?
I don't save money that well. Amanda and Kelly and I have a habit of buying each other dinner and that sort of gets paid back as we go. Otherwise, my parents have given me quite a lot of money recently.

5. What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?
A condo with a brand new kitchen. Second most expensive thing? Probably Semester at Sea which I paid about half of. My parents paid the rest. Third was probably my masters degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment