3.2.08

Pictures from Oz

I thought that those of you who aren't living with me (Kelly, that's basically you) would like some pictures of the chaos that is the kitchen remodel and bedroom insulation project.
That's right. Three buildings full of people had their water shut off for me. It turns out my old shut off valves didn't quite turn the water off as much as we'd like. They did make it go down to a dull trickle. So they shut off the water to the whole building to install new shutoffs. Wow. My neighbors have a good sense of humor.

Here's basically what my living room looks like. If you look closely you can identify the refrigerator. There's a stove and a wet saw too. Now you see why I can't get to my DVDs, or my tax forms. I guess those will just have to wait.

Here's the shot Amanda wanted. That's what the new cabinets look like, and how tall they are. I thought they'd be maybe a little darker and less blonde, more grey. Oh well. I'm happy they're here. I think I can't really judge until I see the whole thing with the black appliances.

Oh plastic, how I love you.


Here's some shots of the destruction that is my kitchen. Where are things right now? Well all the cabinets are hung, actually most of the cabinets are installed except the island. None of the doors are on the cabinets except the ones over the island and over the fridge. They have to cut the back out of one cabinet to do duct work, apparently my duct goes off at an odd angle and tin bending is required. I have to meet the tiler and choose my backsplash. Once that's on, the counter will be laid and the stove and dishwasher can then be installed. Party. I'm wondering if Ed will save the island for last because it will take up the most room. Hmmm. Can't push a stove in if the island is in the way. That makes sense.

And a closeup of the cabinet inlay. It's a bit different and a bit simpler on the drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment