28.2.08

Could I be posting twice in one day, that seems unlikely

Never the less, here I am. The original point of this post was to share a few links with you, but then I wrote everything and added pictures. So even though I'm typing them last, these links appear first.
The new six word motto for the US and my favorite runner up. I didn't vote, but I bet you can guess how I would have voted. I can guess how Amanda would have voted too.
Thank god this doesn't sound like my experience with the bank. See my comments below for what I did with the bank today.
So many bad companies the damn survey can't handle it. Oh the irony. There's so much material here, I just can't put any of it together to make a joke. It's an embarrassment of riches in the humor and irony departments. Apparently there's a strong Anit-Best Buy and Anti-Comcast movement.
I want this for a job. I bet I could do the "Rain Man" thing too. Careful, this one is totally safe for work but you may laugh out loud at times.

Today I went and bought a house. No, seriously. I just did my budget and it's about what I expected in terms of payments. And I can afford it. I may have to lay off the Carribou in the mornings. Then I went to work. Work was, well, to be honest, kind of slow. A couple of my people aren't doing well but there's not a whole lot I can do to help them. Other than that, the end of the month is sometimes slower than the beginning of the month. So I'm already arranging things for next month to keep myself busy. One of the things I did to keep myself busy was make an appointment with an eye doc for new contacts and the dentist because it's been a while. I need a cleaning. I had some excitement with the dentist. It's not clear whether my dental coverage is continuing in March. Although it should.

After work I drove home in the slush. Rush hour actually wasn't sooo bad. It wasn't great. I've definitely been in much worse though. And then I went out with my mentee. That was fun. I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks. I went out with her once when I was so sick I thought I was going to die, and then one other time and then we weren't able to connect for like three weeks. We went to the YWCA and ran around and had fun. She's not so into the running. Maybe after we run a race she'll want to do it more. Maybe after we run a race she'll never want to run again. After that is when the slush on the roads got really out of control.

For fun, I went to my co-op where I'm sure I hadn't been in like a month. I miss it so much. I had a milk shake for dinner. Yum. I think I got all my servings of fruit for the whole day. And did I mention, YUM.

Last night when I got home there was tile but no grout. And did I mention the stove wasn't connected. It'll get connected next week. So I was bummed that I couldn't cook. But I was sick of having everything in my bedroom. So I put it all back in the cabinets. I'm not sure I've got everything exactly where I want it. And I need a new holder for my silverware. Amanda and Kelly will be pleased that I'm asking for help because they both think the one I currently have is tragic. I agree.

Here's the no-grout-tile.



I'm happy with my silverware and utensil placement. I'm happy with my tupperware and pots and pans placement because really, where else would those things go? I'm not sure about the dishes. I had an issue where I couldn't get one of the shelves out to move it around. So I have three shelves right now instead of four. That could be different and I'd be ok with it. Seriously, I don't understand how the thing is anchored in there.

I went to Ikea for shelf paper (which sucks by the way) and a couple of other things. I keep forgetting how great Ikea is for some random things. Kitchen scissors (which are usually ridiculously expensive), scrub brushes, little stuff like that. Ikea's not the first place I think of. It should be. 5:00 on a weeknight is the time to go too. Don't worry Amanda and Kelly, I still need more stuff. Nothing is getting done in the kitchen until next Tuesday. The lighting, six more knobs and some trim still needs completed. That's really about it.

Here's the post-grout shot. It's hard to tell in the photo but it really makes a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment