9.12.04


Everything seems to be "getting repaired" right now.

My car: On election day I was in an accident. It was really no fun at the time but the aftermath is turning out to be much worse. (Only partly because President Bush won the election.) I took my car in to the shop on November 29, it's now December 9, and I wont have my car back until sometime next week, probably Wednesday.

Taking the bus for the past (several thousand) weeks has been fun. I got a lot of music listened to and had a lot of time to think.

I've also had a lot of time to sit in traffic on the bus, or stand in the cold waiting for the bus. I've had lots of oppurtunities to be on public transportation with people who stand to close to me, and a few people whose smell, well, I miss my car.

The office: We're getting new carpet in the office. As a result, I wont be able to get into my cube all morning, and probably not all afternoon tommorow. Today Jon's cube was getting recarpeted and he didn't have much to do, so he came over and talked with me while I was clearing out my cube for the carpeting crew.

The house: This is day three without showering. Mercifully, it's the winter and I live in Minnesota so there's no cloud of dust following me around like Pig Pen . Yet. A new medicine cabinent is being installed in our bathroom and the bathroom is being repainted. Our bathroom is the size of a small closet, so I'm a little troubled that this is day three of repainting the bathroom and it's not finished yet.

I told my roommate that the "shower in a bucket skills" might come in handy again. There's something that I thought I left in Africa. It seems the things I enjoyed like peyalas and the beautiful music and my family stayed in Africa, and other crap like peeing in a hole and bathing in a bucket have followed me all the way back to Minnesota.
Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment