4.8.19

TC 10K - 10 Weeks To Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: 1.19 miles.
From today, I learned: This was a "weather channel says it won't rain" kind of day.

Monday planned: Tempo Run
Monday actual: Tempo run completed.  Not at the exact pace my coach wanted, but, you know, done.
From today, I learned: To ask my coach why I can't pace myself properly outside.
Update: I wrote a separate post about this run called "I can't pace myself" and I'm already like "no, this is just a good opportunity to see what all these different paces feel like".  So, I guess I'm already making lemonade over here. 

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday Weights
Tuesday actual: 1.23 miles in the morning.  Tuesday weights and Tuesday abs in the afternoon
From today, I learned: I was actually bummed I didn't get to run longer because it is GLORIOUS out.
Bonus for today: This is why runners fear bears!

Wednesday planned: 4 miles easy
Wednesday actual: 4.96 miles plus bonus leg exercises in the morning
From today, I learned: This run was glorious.  The weather was perfect.  I felt good.  It was great!

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.25 miles on the treadmill.  Thursday weights done.  Bonus walk with Dungeon Master.
From today, I learned: Sometimes a run on the treadmill feels great.

Friday planned: 4 miles easy
Friday actual: 4.5 miles in hilly Buffalo MN, in the afternoon heat.
From today, I learned: I told my coach I felt like I didn't have enough power on hills, so she told me to run more hills.  Here I am.  It was hot. 

Saturday planned: 7 miles long run
Saturday actual: 7 miles inside on the track listening to a book.
From today, I learned: This was a lesson in negative and positive emotions.  I felt lousy in the beginning but I was able to get all the laps in I wanted, and keep going.  It actually reminded me of the very very bad place I found early in the Flying Pig marathon.  So, good note to me that the beginning of the race may be the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment