21.7.19

TC 10K - 12 Weeks To Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 Miles
Sunday actual: 1.15 miles outside.
From today, I learned: It it so hot out.

Monday planned: Tempo workout
Monday actual: Run 1.17 miles in the morning.  Feel like baloney.  At least this one was inside.
From today, I learned: Sometimes, better to move the hard workout to another day.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: Speed workout: 200M repeats. 
From today, I learned: It felt momentarily cool so I headed outside and then the sun came out so I was super hot.  This was a fun workout but I suck at pacing.

Wednesday planned: Run 5 miles, easy
Wednesday actual: 4.61 miles along the river.
From today, I learned: I sort of got stopped by a train, but this time it was only about the last 10 cars on the line.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.17 miles in the sticky sticky heat.  No weights
From today, I learned: I'd felt lousy after weights last week, so I skipped them ahead of the race on Saturday.

Friday planned: "Shake out run"
Friday actual: 1.17 miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: My coach had 2-3 miles but it is way too hot.

Saturday planned: Cosmic 5K race
Saturday actual: Run 1.1 miles as a warm up to the 5K that was eventually cancelled.
From today, I learned: My warm up will take longer than I think. And I was smart to keep running in the warm up and get my mile done before the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment