27.7.19

Saturday Long Run

Plan: Run 2 miles easy, next 2 miles are at 3:00 hard, 8:00 easy, 1 mile cool down
Actual Mileage: 5.69 miles
Route: Along Victory Memorial Parkway, with an odd out and back while I was waiting for a train.
Weather: Started at 71* and ended at 77*  Sunny and humid.
Wardrobe: This bullet was always so important to me in the winter because I could never remember how to dress for the different temperatures and wind chills.  Now I'm all "I dunno, clothes?"
Execution: 2 miles easy including a walking warm up
3:00 at 9:51/mile pace, 8:00 easy running
3:00 at 9:12/mile pace, 6:25 easy running
3:00 at 9:24/mile pace
Run easy until I hit 5 miles.
Walking cool down.
From today, I learned: I was definitely not a slave to my watch on this one and ran it by feel.  That was the right decision.  I cut one of my rests short so that I wasn't trying to do a 3:00 hard running through the only traffic light on the whole route.
Bonus: Old grumpy me was thinking "this is so hard for 3 minutes.  How am I going to do this for a whole race?" and New "good attitude" me is thinking "wow, you did that 3 minutes, 3 times in a row.  When this started you wouldn't have thought you could do that at all, look how far you've come" So, I guess from today I learned a good attitude is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment